You probably don’t give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or before it is time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most use possible from this invaluable appliance it can be extremely nice to understand how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cold—and Federal Way Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to learn everything you might need to know concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the right time to connect with refrigerator repair Federal Way.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a standard kitchen appliance for several years now. A refrigerator can store your food at the right temperature, to stop rotting and stop harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from the inside of the unit to the outside, by relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Federal Way Appliance Repair:
The compressor is both a motor and pump, and it’s necessary for the circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
The compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is found on the rear outside panel of the appliance and helps to disperse the heat built-up from inside the refrigerator then out in the surrounding air.
A evaporator is attached on the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs heat held inside of it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
Once the evaporator is not working, it is time to enlist a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is carried within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion device to cool the gas, turning it into liquid.
A thermostat helps regulate the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, starting a new cooling cycle as it is needed.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Federal Way for repair right when an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside a refrigerator is above the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the next cooling period begins. The appliance attracts the cold liquified refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit directs the warm gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the home and reverts to a liquified form.
3. The cooled liquid then continues on its trip to the evaporator, traveling through the many coils in the interior of the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The liquid absorbs the warm air from inside the appliance, thereby returning the temperature down to the optimal set point.
5. The liquid then will evaporate, and turns back to a gas state, and returns to the compressor to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in a lot of applications and large appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from a single place and then relocating it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, creates a optimal environment for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need repair? Time to schedule service with Federal Way Appliance Repair.
Federal Way Appliance Repair will repair all major brands and models of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our service technicians in Federal Way complete training to troubleshoot and repair issues with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, digital panels, smart functionality and various problems. We know refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working